Thursday, December 11, 2008

What happens when class is cancelled?

I don't know if any of you have ever had this happen back in your college days, but I want to share my little bit of what I call frustrating joy.

I woke up today at 7:30 to be at my 8 o'clock class, which I love going to by the way. I was a little impressed with myself too because I was able to be ready in time that I could walk extremely slow to class and still make it on time, which doesn't normally happen, it is usually a brisk walk to get into class seconds before roll call. Anyway, I got to the building where my class was and saw two other people from the class sitting outside. I was quickly informed that class had been cancelled.

If you have had much or any college experience I am sure that you have had class cancelled, but that isn't my frustration, that was more of the joy part. The frustrating part is a result of the joy. I was so excited that my 8 o'clock class was cancelled that I "excited myself awake" in a sense. It is very difficult for me to get back to sleep now, thus, I am writing here (which I haven't done for a while, so I would like to take this time to apologize). I will be writing soon, I hope you all are doing well. 

Sorry if this wasn't what you expected, I just felt like this was a place where I could share my frustration with y'all.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh do I remember the feeling of cancelled class...
There was a professor who cancelled our economics class so many times at the beginning (during Elon's three week winter tri-mester) that I ended up dropping the class. That stunk though because I ended up having to take econ during summer school...
Oh and by the way, I gave you a little Christmas tag on my blog. Stop by to play!

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby, couldn't get back to sleep! Hahaha You nut. I'm sure you spent the time wisely - like studying for another class or getting ahead on another assignment - NOT. Know that you are loved.
God be with you, Aunt Saundra

Tricia said...

Oh, some unexpected free time. Good for you. Hope you took some time for yourself and enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I do completely agree with Aunt Saundra. So read it over again and take heed. You won't regret it.
Just heard Josh's trip won't start untilo Monday.

I love You

Aunt Deanna