Monday, October 20, 2008

The Stereotypical Woman

I am sorry if saying this offends anyone, but it made me laugh and I just have to share it. 

I help out at a church in Mason, which is about half way between where I go to school and my mom's house. I also occasionally give this girl named Ashley a ride to or from her house on the weekends, she lives fairly close to my mom's. Well, yesterday she was going to come to the church and help out as well and I was asked to give her a ride.

I packed up my car, I had my guitar, basket of laundry, a bag for clothes, and my computer case... and of course some food that was "forced" upon me to take to school!  I pick her up and she has a rather large bag of laundry, a school bag, a brown paper sack, another bag of who-knows-what, and of course her purse. 

So now my trunk is full and we go to church! Which by the way was really cool last night, we had a worship night, it lasted about an hour and 15 minutes.

I also normally take the worship leader back to school, we were the only ones from our school. So he asks if he could have a ride. Your probably thinking, "not a big deal," but did I mention that he adds to the car not only another person, but another guitar and a guitar amp! If you aren't getting this yet, let me show you a picture of my car.

I know this doesn't help a lot, but the point is, it is a small two door coupe. So after church while Zac, the worship leader is packing up, Ashley and I go out to re-arrange some of the stuff in it because we had some of her stuff in the back seat. So we take off the cover to the trunk to give it more space and pack everything in real well so we can fit Zac's guitar and amp in the back seat. I must admit I used some of my "man skills" in packing the car and this is the part that was the stereotypical woman part... Right as I finish my expert packing, I just barely get it so the trunk will close, close the trunk, and she says, "Oh wait... I need my purse, it's in the trunk." 

Repeat process of packing trunk.

Even after the trunk was re-organized Zac's amp was on the one back seat and the guitar was laying right under Ashley's feet and the trunk cover across her lap. I wish I would have taken a picture. It's not that I didn't think about it, it's just that my camera was in my computer case in the bottom of the trunk! I wasn't about to dig it out.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh come on Jordo ~ "the stereotypical man" would have unpacked and repacked the trunk to get the camera just to prove that he could...

Smiles!

Tricia said...

At least she had her purse, and you didn't have to return to her house to get it!! Geez, all that sounds perfectly fine to me. :)